First light on the 127-element adaptive optical system for 1.8-m telescope
, Xuejun Zhang1;2;3
, Hao Xian1;2
, Wenli Ma1;2
, Ang Zhang1;2
, Luchun Zhou1;2
, Chunlin Guan1;2
, Mei Li1;2
, Donghong Chen1;2
, Shanqiu Chen1;2
, Zhou Liao1;2
, Changhui Rao1;2
, Yudong Zhang1;2
1 [Institute of Optics and Electronics, Chinese Academy of Sciences], Chengdu 610209, China
2 [Key Laboratory on Adaptive Optics, Chinese Academy of Sciences], Chengdu 610209, China
3 [Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences], Beijing 100049, China
Chin. Opt. Lett., 2010, 08(11): pp.1019-1021-3
Topic:Optical design and fabrication
220.1080 010.1285 010.1330
A 127-element adaptive optical system has been developed and integrated into a 1.8-m astronomical telescope in September 2009. In addition, the first light on a high-resolution imaging for stars has been achieved (September 23, 2009). In this letter, a 127-element adaptive optical system for 1.8-m telescope is described briefly. Moreover, star observation results in the first run are reported. Results show that the angular resolution of the system after adaptive optics correction can attain 0.1 arcsec, which approaches the diffraction limit of 1.8-m telescope at 700–900 nm band.
Copyright: © 2003-2012 . This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
1. W. Jiang, M. Li, G. Tang, N. Ling, M. Li, and D. Zheng, Opt. Eng. 34, 15 (1995).
2. W. Jiang, M. Li, G. Tan, C. Rao, N. Ling, C. Guan, and J. Qiu, Proc. SPIE 2828, 322 (1996).
3. W. Jiang, G. Tang, M. Li, N. Ling, C. Rao, C. Guan, L. Jiang, F. Shen, M. Li, Y. Li, and D. Chen, Proc. SPIE 3762, 142 (1999).
4. W. Jiang, N. Ling, G. Tang, M. Li, F. Shen, C. Rao, Y. Zhu, and B. Xu, Proc. SPIE 3353, 696 (1998).
5. G. Tan, C. Rao, F. Shen, X. Zhang, and W. Jiang, Proc. SPIE 4926, 13 (2002).
6. C. Rao, W. Jiang, Y. Zhang, M. Li, N. Ling, X. Zhang, F. Shen, Y. Li, C. Guan, D. Chen, L. Zhou, G. Tang, and C. Wang, Proc. SPIE 5490, 943 (2004).
7. C. Rao, W. Jiang, Y. Zhang, M. Li, N. Ling, X. Zhang, Y. Li, F. Shen, C. Guan, D. Chen, L. Zhou, M. Chen, Z. Liao, G. Tang, C. Wang, A. Zhang, B. Wu, and C. Lu, Proc. SPIE 5639, 11 (2004).
8. C. Rao, W. Jiang, Y. Zhang, N. Ling, X. Zhang, H. Xian, K. Wei, Z. Liao, L. Zhou, C. Guan, M. Li, D. Chen, A. Zhang, W. Ma, and X. Gao, Proc. SPIE 7015, 70155Y(2008).
9. C. Rao, W. Jiang, C. Fang, N. Ling, W. Zhou, M. Ding, X. Zhang, D. Chen, M. Li, X. Gao, and T. Mi, Proc. SPIE 4853, 658 (2003).
10. C. Rao, W. Jiang, C. Fang, N. Ling, W.-C. Zhou, M.-D. Ding, X.-J. Zhang, D.-H. Chen, M. Li, X.-F. Gao, and T. Mi, Chin. J. Astron. Astrophys. 3, 576 (2003).
11. W. Jiang, C. Rao, Y. Zhang, N. Ling, and C. Guan, Proc. SPIE 7209, 72090J (2009).
12. S. Hu, F. Shen, B. Xu, and J. Wu, Chinese J. Lasers (in Chinese) 36, 1433 (2009).
13. S. Hu, B. Xu, S. Chen, P. Yang, and J. Wu, Acta Opt. Sin. (in Chinese) 29, 1761 (2009).
14. M. Li, X. Li, and W. Jiang, Acta Opt. Sin. (in Chinese) 28, 619 (2009).